Random Marine Corps Quotes
Weakness in America - "Our Country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any AMERICA because some foreign soldier will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race!" ~ LT. GEN. LEWIS "CHESTY" PULLER, USMC
"Don't you forget that you're First Marines! Not all the communists in Hell can overrun you!" Col. Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller, USMC - rallying his First Marine Regiment near Chosin Reservoir, Korea, December 1950
"Goddam it, you'll never get the Purple Heart hiding in a foxhole! Follow me!" - Captain Henry P. "Jim" Crowe, USMC, Guadalcanal, 13 January 1943
"The raising of that flag on Suribachi means a MARINE CORPS for the next 500 years." - JAMES FORRESTAL, SECRETARY OF THE NAVY
Band of Brothers
1. All Marines are entitled to dignity and respect as individuals, but most abide by common standards established by proper authority.
2. A Marine should never lie, cheat, or steal from a fellow Marine or fail to come to his aid in time of need.
3. All Marines should contribute 100% of their abilities to the unit’s mission. Any less effort by an individual passes the buck to someone else.
4. A unit, regardless of size, is a disciplined family structure, with similar relationships based on mutual respect among members.
5. It is essential that issues and problems, which tend to lessen a unit’s effectiveness, be addressed and resolved.
6. A blending of separate cultures, varying educational levels, and different social backgrounds is possible in an unselfish atmosphere of common goals, aspirations, and mutual understanding.
7. Being the best requires common effort, hard work, and teamwork. Nothing worthwhile comes easy.
8. Every Marine deserves job satisfaction, equal consideration and recognition of his accomplishments.
9. Knowing your fellow Marine well enables you to learn to look at things “through his eyes,” as well as your own.
10. Issues detracting from the efficiency and sense of well being of an individual should be surfaced and weighed against the impact on the unit as a whole.
11. It must be recognized that a brotherhood concept depends on all members, “belonging” – being fully accepted by others within.>
~ “Band of Brothers” FMFPac concept by LtGen Charles Cooper, late 1970s.
"Panic sweeps my men when they are facing the AMERICAN MARINES." - CAPTURED NORTH KOREAN MAJOR
"The safest place in Korea was right behind a platoon of Marines. Lord, how they could fight!" ~ MGen Frank E. Lowe, USA; Korea, 26 January 1952
"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!" ~ Eleanor Roosevelt, First Lady of the United States, 1945
Marine Corps Quotes
this site is run by a USMC Veteran.
All items advertised are Made in the USA and Licensed by the US Marine Corps!