Random Marine Corps Quotes
"To observe a Marine, is inspirational. To be a Marine, is exceptional." ~ GySgt Charles F. Wolf, Jr.
"We signed up knowing the risk. Those innocent people in New York didn't go to work thinking there was any kind of risk. ~ Pvt. Mike Armendariz-Clark, USMC; Afghanastan, 20 September 2001,As reported on page 1 of the New York Times
"I have just returned from visiting the Marines at the front, and there is not a finer fighting organization in the world!" ~ General Douglas MacArthur, US Army
Band of Brothers
1. All Marines are entitled to dignity and respect as individuals, but most abide by common standards established by proper authority.
2. A Marine should never lie, cheat, or steal from a fellow Marine or fail to come to his aid in time of need.
3. All Marines should contribute 100% of their abilities to the unit’s mission. Any less effort by an individual passes the buck to someone else.
4. A unit, regardless of size, is a disciplined family structure, with similar relationships based on mutual respect among members.
5. It is essential that issues and problems, which tend to lessen a unit’s effectiveness, be addressed and resolved.
6. A blending of separate cultures, varying educational levels, and different social backgrounds is possible in an unselfish atmosphere of common goals, aspirations, and mutual understanding.
7. Being the best requires common effort, hard work, and teamwork. Nothing worthwhile comes easy.
8. Every Marine deserves job satisfaction, equal consideration and recognition of his accomplishments.
9. Knowing your fellow Marine well enables you to learn to look at things “through his eyes,” as well as your own.
10. Issues detracting from the efficiency and sense of well being of an individual should be surfaced and weighed against the impact on the unit as a whole.
11. It must be recognized that a brotherhood concept depends on all members, “belonging” – being fully accepted by others within.>
~ “Band of Brothers” FMFPac concept by LtGen Charles Cooper, late 1970s.
"I can't say enough about the two Marine divisions. If I use words like brilliant, it would really be an under-description of the absolutely superb job they did in breaching the so-called impenetrable barrier. . .Absolutely superb operation, a textbook, and I think it'll be studied for many, many years to come as the way to do it." - General H. Norman Schwarzkopf, USA, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, 27 February 1991.
"So they've got us surrounded, good! Now we can fire in any direction, those bastards won't get away this time!" - CHESTY PULLER, USMC
“Success in battle is not a function of how many show up, but who they are.” ~ 27th Commandant of the Marine Corps Gen. Robert H. Barrow
"The deadliest weapon in the world is a MARINE and his rifle!" - GEN. PERSHING, US.ARMY
"Casualties many; Percentage of dead not known; Combat efficiency; we are winning." - Colonel David M. Shoup, USMC, Tarawa, 21 November 1943.
Marine Corps Quotes
this site is run by a USMC Veteran.
All items advertised are Made in the USA and Licensed by the US Marine Corps!